After looking around and finding there wasn’t any Initial D cabinets available to purchase and with the knowledge of owning a couple of Initial D cabinets previous that building a cabinet using other Sega racing cabinets shouldn’t be to hard (expensive but not hard). The initial concept for the cabinet would be a complete respray and using on the best parts available, therefore a lot of internet research and using the vast network of arcade collectors I should be able to identify and part list what is required.
So a few days later I found a Model 2 racing cabinet (Daytona 2 shell), missing a few parts which wasn’t an issue due to that most would have to be replaced or bought individually. So after a couple of pictures of the cabinet it seemed to match up to the basics of what we needed (even included some white side panels, we will look at these later in the build).
Once arranging a collection date and route planning to an well known arcade collector ‘muddymusic’ which worked out to be around a 9 hour total road trip to Turro, we finally collected the cabinet. The next step of the cabinet will be to photograph everything we have then strip the base to an empty shell…